Arlene Goldberg, Co-Founder
Arlene is excited to work with the business community while working tirelessly for the LGBTQ community. She is an Activist, liaison to the press, public speaker representing the SW Florida LGBTQ community. In a Landmark case, was a Plaintiff in an ACLU federal same sex marriage law suit that legalized marriage for Florida in 2015 and was issued the first legal document (death Certificate) for a same sex married couple in Florida/first same sex marriage recognized in Florida.
Arlene is quite active in the LGBTQ and Ft. Myers community:
– Past member Board of Directors of United Way of Lee County
– Past Chairperson UUCFM’s Welcoming Congregation
– ACT’s Community Action team
– Initiated Hope Hospice LGBT Bereavement group
– Steering Committee for the start-up of Kaleidoscope (CARES) suicide prevention for LGBTQ
– Steering committee for development of LGBTQ fund in collaboration with the SW Florida Community Foundation
– Re-activated PFLAG Fort Myers
– Board of Directors PRIDE SW FLORIDA, Inc.
– Co-Founder and past member of the Exec. Board for Visuality, Inc.
– Co-Founder and Vice President of SW Florida Harmony Chamber of Commerce, Inc. Board of Directors.
– LGBTQ member of WGCU Diversity Advisory Group
– Member of Lee County Homeless Coalition
– Recipient of Equality Florida’s 2014 “Voice for Equality” award
– Recipient of 2016 newly developed PRIDE SW Florida, Inc. Goldberg Award for outstanding leadership in LGBTQ community
– Initiated and participates in LGBTQ panels requested by local organizations, i.e. Guardian Ad Litem Lee and Charlotte County’s, Area Agency on Aging of SW Florida, Lutheran Services, and Children’s Network of SW Florida, FGCU;
– Previously Facilities/Safety Manager in various organizations/companies
– Previously REALTOR at RE/MAX Trend
– Recipient of The Rotary Club of Fort Myers South’s 2017 “4-Way Test” award
– Real Estate Advisor for Engel & Voelker – Fort Myers Downtown